The Nurse Manager has many roles and responsibilities. There are 5 responsibilities, however, that the Nurse Manager must develop and strengthen.
1. Planning: With this responsibility, the manager will set objectives for the health care department they are responsible for.
2. Organizing: Directing and guiding an identified plan for the department and its service to the customer.
3. Leading: Communicating a clear direction for the team and demonstrating a good example of work ethic.
4. Controlling: Initiating process improvements through new policy and procedure, specific to providing exceptional patient care.
5. Coordinating: Understanding the value of the team and its obligation in the organization.